Muay Thai Kickboxing is a kind of combat sport that originated from Thailand.
The technique involves using a stand-up striking, together with wide range of clinching techniques. The technique is comparable to other Indochinese techniques such as tomoi from Malaysia, Pradal Serey from Cambodia, Muay Lao from Laos and others. This combat sport is fast becoming one of the Peak Performance Martial Arts in the world today. Muay Thai Kickboxing Classes are available both as private lessons and group classes.
Brief History about Muay Thai Kickboxing
Sanskrit mavya is the root origin for the word ‘Muay”, and Muay Thai refers to the Art or Science of Eight Limbs”. This is because the art uses kicks, punches, knee strikes and elbows which connote the use of eight ‘points of contact’, instead of ‘two points (e.g. fists in boxing)’.
Someone who practices Muay Thai Kickboxing is known as Nak Muay, while western practitioners are known as Nak Muay Farang sometimes.
Why Muay Thai Kickboxing Training?
Muay Thai Kickboxing in Keller Texas and the rest of U.S as well as other places in the world is becoming increasingly popular. There are key attractions to this combat sport, which are the reasons why people learn the art. Here are some of the top reasons for embarking on Muay Thai;
- Muay Thai Kickboxing is a great way to learn best defense techniques and mechanisms, so that you can withstand an assailant no matter how stronger the person appears on the physical.
- On a physical level, Muay Thai art carried on regularly will provide you with great proportional physique, help you keep enviable shape, and also help you build stamina.
- The art is also a great way to gain greater agility and strength. It is also an immune system booster – so, you are less likely to fall sick often. It’s just the same way that regular exercise keeps you fit and healthy.
- Muay Thai kickboxing is also a weight loss and fat burning technique. Of course, with all those vigorous movements involving virtually every part of the body, you don’t expect a practitioner or trainee to fall sick.
- On a psychological level, you can boost your self confidence and self-awareness by taking advantage of Muay Thai.
Who Can Embark on Muay Thai Kickboxing Training?
Muay Thai kickboxing is worth embarking by anyone – kids or adults, male or female in any part of the world.
Muay Thai Kickboxing in Keller Texas is drawing attention of people of all ages and races. Paul Halme is a seasoned trainer working with competent trainers who are ready at all time to deliver profound Muay Thai Kickboxing Classes right in your location. You can opt for a private class or join the group lessons.
As a form of unarmed combat art, Muay Thai is accessible to all regardless of your race or location. Some people who embark on this combat art aim at competing in the tournaments some day, while others acquire the skills for other private reasons.